January 28, 2013

Diawa - Dancing Queen's Dancer of the Year

This isn't wholly Trinium Designs store related, but I just had to post this.  Apparently my lovely SL best friend and store manager, Diawa Bellic just won the Dancing Queens' Cutie Awards "Dancer of the Year" award.  You can read more at Dancing Queens blog and Di's 'thank you speech' of sorts about it there (link).  She also seems to have won awards for "Best Choreography to a Specific Song," "Best Choreography to a Specific Tempo" and "Best HipHop Dancer." (List of winners)


Di is an accomplished SL dancer and event/entertainment performer.  She's worked with Guerrilla Burlesque dance company, been a regular at Idle Rogue, done numerous independent dance shows, worked runway shows, performance work in/with SL bands & musicians (High Voltage, DeepSky Travelers & MommaLuV Skytower), and much more.  She helped inspire the creation and continuing development of Racheal Young's Barre Dance HUD.

On top of all that, she's been one of my best friend in SL for the last 4 years.  She's also inspired me to create a lot of my builds & products (especially all my club/rock gear and stages).  Not to mention her forcing me to occasionally build a handful of her dance sets (western train station & town sets, framed box (007) set, circus set, retro TV set, etc.), being a stand-in for practicing her group choreography, supporting her with free land, building space and prims for some of her practice sets and L$.  Yet I don't even get a mention in her thank you speech.  Brat :oP *just teasing*

Congrats babygirl!

Also congratulations to Racheal for winning "Best Dancing Equipment" category for her Barre Dance HUD. Congrats to SexyS Quintessa ("Best Set Design - Burlesque Show"), Chryblnd Scribe & the whole Guerrilla Burlesque group for all the awards they won.  Woohoo WTG girls!  Well deserved.

6 comments:

  1. i did not know you had a blog site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because you don't listen to me when I tell you stuff. Only told you several times over last year and half or so. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So she don't listen to you either? So I'm not the only one then.
    Ormand aka on of Di's alts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she smokes...no wonder she's so short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, you're not the only one, Ormand. Di only smokes in SL. Me that's another matter & I'm not short so =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the most influential person i have met and known in my SL. I owe you everything.. I love you.

    ReplyDelete